Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Lemon Crinkle Cookies


I think I can safely say that after this post my biscuit obsession has been fulfilled for awhile. Admittedly, this recipe wasn't going to be my next choice for you guys. But it was a special request from my boyfriend (who, at the moment, is being very demanding) and considering it is his birthday soon I couldn't really say no. 


I first came across these biscuits a few years ago when I was having a cooking marathon at home. I had already made oreo brownies, red velvet brownies and a similar biscuit but in a very dense chocolate version (I might post them another time). 

"They are all very rich recipes" I hear you say. Which is exactly what I thought, so I decided to lightened things up with these Lemon crinkle cookies. Even though they themselves have quite a 'fudgey' in the centre, the crunchy outside and lemony flavour freshens these biscuits right up. And if your wanting to satisfy that sweet tooth during the afternoon, they are perfect with a cup of tea.  



INGREDIENTS
125g Butter, softened
1 cup White Sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Lemon Zest
1 Tbs Lemon Juice
1 1/2 cups Plain flour
1/8 tsp Bicarb soda
1/4 Baking Powder
1/2 cup (or so) Icing Sugar

To make the Cookies...
Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius. 

In an electric mixer, beat together the butter and white sugar. Add the egg, lemon juice and zest and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy. On a slower speed, mix in the dry ingredients (except the icing sugar) until just combined. Please note that this dough is very, very soft. But don't be alarmed as that is how it is meant to be.

Roll a heaped teaspoon full of dough around in the icing sugar ensuring that it is well coated. Place the balls on a tray lined with baking paper (allowing room for spreading). Bake for about 9 minutes or until the edges are JUST golden. Slightly cool on the tray before transferring to wire rack. 



No comments:

Post a Comment